Car Accident Attorneys San Antonio
Every 10 seconds, someone in the United States is involved in a car accident. These crashes total nearly 6.4 million per year and collisions on our highways and roadways result in nearly 3 billion injuries and take the lives of 40,000 people.
According to the law, anyone operating a motor vehicle must do so with “reasonable care under the circumstances.” Any driver failing to do so is subject to the law of negligence and may be required to pay for damages that resulted from his or her actions.
While automobile accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, courts generally look to the following factors to determine whether a driver was acting negligently at the time of the accident:
- Disobeying posted traffic signals or signs
- Failing to signal when turning or changing lanes
- Driving above or below the speed limit
- Disregarding weather or traffic conditions
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration also notes reckless drivers as those who drive unsafely with clear disregard for the probability that such driving may cause an accident. A reckless driver may be held liable for an accident as a result of:
- Speeding above the posted speed limit or at a speed not suitable for road conditions
- Improper or excessive lane changing, failing to signal when changing lanes
- Improper passing, using an emergency lane to pass or passing on the shoulder
If you or someone you know has been injured in an auto accident, then you require experienced car accident attorneys San Antonio trusts to protect your rights. Typical injuries from auto accidents include head injury, paralysis, spinal cord injury, brain injury and death.
Many issues arise as to how your injuries and the disruption to your life will be addressed. How does your own policy help you in times of serious injuries? What can you do if the at-fault driver’s policy is less than your medical bills? What rights do you have with your own insurance company and the insurance of the negligent driver? For over 50 years, our experienced car accident attorneys San Antonio relies on have assisted persons with serious injuries as a result of another driver’s negligence and can help you and your loved ones as well.