3 Signs You Might Be Eligible for Injury Compensation
In the confusion that follows an accident, personal injury compensation is probably the last thing on your mind. When the smoke clears, your injuries are addressed, and you’ve regathered your rattled wits, don’t hesitate to contact a lawyer, especially if any of the following conditions apply to you:
- The accident wasn’t your fault.
If you are injured due to someone else’s clear negligence, you are probably eligible for some form of personal injury compensation. A few examples include:
- Your car was rear ended by a careless driver.
- Another driver turned left in front of you without ensuring they had enough time and room to make the turn safely.
- A business owner left damage to a sidewalk, steps, or safety rails unrepaired.
- A restaurant manager didn’t have spilled water or grease cleaned up, or at least blocked off, in a timely manner.
- Your pain and suffering extends well beyond physical.
Cuts, bruises, broken bones — ideally, they all heal, and you move on with your life. But what if:
- You lose work hours, and therefore income, due to an injury? Or lose your job altogether?
- Your medical bills are mounting due to lingering aftereffects of an injury. If your doctor doesn’t sign off on you going back to work without extensive physical therapy, those are additional weeks of more bills while your cash flow dwindles.
- Your car was totaled in the accident, and you can’t afford to replace it.
- You’ve suffered a permanent injury, such as a lost limb or damage to fertility.
- Your family life, such as your relationship with your spouse and children, is negatively impacted by your injury.
- The at-fault party doesn’t carry liability insurance.
If the accident that resulted in your injuries is caused by an uninsured driver (and they didn’t hit and run) or a business owner with inadequate liability insurance, the only way to pursue personal injury compensation could be through the court system.
In any case, you need competent representation by your side to guide you through the personal injury compensation legal labyrinth and get you what you deserve. Contact us today.