5 Qualifications of an Injury Lawyer
If you were seriously hurt at the hands of another person or driver, contact a serious personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. You could be due compensation for your medical bills, property damage, pain, suffering and more.
Not sure where to find a serious personal injury lawyer? Here’s how you can recognize a good one:
- They have verifiable experience in personal injury law. They’ve had their practice for a number of years and they have a record of winning cases and yielding lucrative results. Check their website for a list of past case results or, if they’re not posted, ask the office for these directly.
- They’re board-certified. A serious personal injury lawyer should be so good at trying personal injury cases that the Texas Board of Legal Specialization has recognized them for their successful efforts.
- They’re local. Laws regarding tort claims (like personal injury claims) vary greatly from state to state. If you want a serious personal injury lawyer who can really help you win your case, look for someone local, because they’re going to be the most up-to-date on the local laws and regulations that apply to your situation.
- They’ve been recognized for their efforts. If they’re truly effective at their job, they should have earned recognition, honors, and awards from local bar associations, business publications, professional journals and more.
- They cover all types of injuries. A good serious injury lawyer doesn’t just specialize in one type of injury like workplace injuries, car wreck injuries, or medical malpractice. They should have knowledge and experience in many areas.