Avoid Getting Disappointed by a Personal Injury Attorney
When you hire a personal injury attorney, you have high hopes for a legal decision in your favor. Too often, though, you wind up on the losing end—a result that could have been avoided if you’d asked a few more questions before settling for less than the best.
A good personal injury attorney needs more than a wall of framed, official-looking certificates. This person should possess qualities that sometimes aren’t easily discerned.
Tells It Like It Is
When you arrive for what is often your free, initial consultation, a good attorney will look over your case with a critical eye and tell you upfront whether you’ve got a solid chance at winning or if it will be a hard row to hoe.
A good personal injury attorney will also be honest about the fee structure so there aren’t any surprises when the bill comes due.
Answers All Your Questions
There’s no such thing as a stupid question, so ask away. A good attorney will answer them all, and maybe some you hadn’t thought to ask, such as:
- Whether they will be working your case solo or using assistants.
- Whether their firm is insured.
- If they specialize in your type of personal injury case and their record of winning such cases.
- How long they expect the process to take before the case is resolved.
- If they have a list of referrals.
Appreciates That You’re Picky
How do you put a smile on a San Antonio personal injury attorney’s face? Walk into the initial consultation prepared:
- Show that you’ve done some research into this attorney’s and the firm’s background.
- Have all your relevant paperwork in order—police reports, doctor’s notes, medical records and receipts, photographs of the scene and your injuries, etc.