San Antonio Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by another person’s negligence, you may need help from a San Antonio bicycle accident attorney. At the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, our law firm and experienced team of attorneys are ready to help you secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Pat Maloney?
If you are suffering from a bicycle crash injury, caused by another person, you need to the assistance of a San Antonio bicycle accident attorney you can trust. At the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, we bring an experienced team to your side and handle every aspect of your case.
- We have more than 65 years of combined experience in personal law matters in the city of San Antonio.
- You will always have direct access to your attorney. We will not put your case off onto an assistant, paralegal, or junior associate.
- We will never take any money from you upfront or for out-of-pocket costs, and you will not pay a dime until we are successful in securing compensation for your case.
How Will a San Antonio Bicycle Accident Attorney Help With My Case?
Bike accidents can become complicated, especially when you are dealing with aggressive insurance companies that do not want to compensate you fairly. At the same time, police reports often list the cyclist at fault for collisions, even if that wasn’t the case. You can count on our law firm and team of experienced attorneys to aggressively fight on your behalf. A San Antonio bicycle accident attorney will:
- Thoroughly investigate the facts of your case. Our law firm will gather and analyze accident reports, photos and videos from the scene, eyewitness statements, and more.
- Handle all communication with other parties involved, including insurance carriers, to work out a fair settlement.
- Prepare your case for trial if you are not offered fair compensation for your injury-related expenses.
- Bicycle accidents cause severe injuries.
Bicycles are great ways to get exercise and fuel-efficient methods of transportation. However, bicyclists are vulnerable to several common injuries and serious injuries. During the latest reporting year in Texas, the DOT reports that there were 2,426 total bike crashes. Out of those, we know there were:
- 72 fatalities
- 258 serious injuries
- 1,043 non-incapacitating injuries
- 886 possible injuries
Those numbers are staggering, and they show just how often a crash leads to cyclist harm. It is not uncommon for a San Antonio bike accident lawyers to help clients suffering from the following:
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head injuries
- Bone fractures and dislocations
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Significant disfigurement
- Loss of or damage to a bodily organ
In many cases, these crashes happen in areas where the bicyclist has the right-of-way, including bike paths, crosswalks, intersections, and on the right side of the roadway.
When & Why Do Bicycle Accidents Happen?
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents occur as a result of careless or impaired driving involving a vehicle. Although some bicyclists may crash on their own, the most serious types of bike accidents include a vehicle. Additional commonalities of bike accidents include:
- More than 37% of all fatal bicycle accidents involved alcohol
- The most common time for bicycle accidents happen during rush hour between 6 P.M. and 9 P.M.
- Lack of proper bicycle equipment including helmets
- Distracted driving and operating procedures
If you feel like you have followed the rules of the road and have suffered serious injury as a result of a bicycle accident. The Law Offices of Pat Maloney are here to help.
Let Us Secure the Compensation You Need
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a bike accident due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, you may be entitled to compensation. At the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, our San Antonio personal injury lawyers investigate your case and get to work on securing the following:
- Compensation for your medical bills related to the bike crash
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- General household expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against any grossly negligent party
Contact a Cycling Accident Attorney in San Antonio
If you need a San Antonio bicycle accident lawyer, you can complete our online form or call us 24/7 at (210) 226-8888 for a free consultation. Our team of experienced lawyers will help lead you through this difficult process.