What to Do When in a Car Accident in San Antonio Today
When you get in your car to go to work or to run errands, are you ready to respond effectively to a car accident in San Antonio today? Chances are, the answer is “no.” You’re thinking about a big meeting or project or making sure you didn’t forget your shopping list.
If you end up being involved in a fender bender or a more serious accident, being prepared for the worst is the best way to maximize the chances of a positive outcome.
What are some of the ways you can be prepared for a car accident in San Antonio today, without breaking the bank or taking up too much room in your car?
Physical Health and Survival
When you’re putting together a first-aid and survival kit, periodically run an inventory and rehearse in your mind which items you’ll need and when.
Your body can last a surprisingly long time without food. Water? Not so much. Staying hydrated is your first priority if you’re stuck in a remote location.
Energy bars, particularly the ones designed for long shelf lives, are the best choice.
A shiny “space blanket” folds up small and reflects body heat back toward you. A wool blanket works well too, even when wet. Hypothermia isn’t unheard of even in San Antonio’s moderate climate.
Don’t rely solely on your cell phone. A flashlight and extra batteries are a must.
Accident Scene Safety and Scene Documentation
- Reflective vest and traffic cones/safety triangles.
- Flashlight, with extra batteries.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Disposable digital camera with flash or camera phone.
- Pre-printed accident scene checklist (available online), clipboard, and pen. With this handy diagram, form, and checklist, you can quickly write down vital details about the accident before they escape your memory in all the ensuing confusion.
- Measuring tape to record skid mark length and size of photographed damage.
There’s no better time than right now to be prepared for a car accident in San Antonio today. And don’t forget to put our contact information in your kit!