Do You Need a Del Rio Lawyer?
While there are some legal issues you may be able to resolve on your own, many, such as those involving car accidents, truck wrecks, and workplace injuries, absolutely require the help of a legal professional. Without one, you run the risk of accepting a payment lower than what you’re due or, what’s worse, losing your claim altogether. If you’ve been hurt in an accident or on the job, enlist the help of a Del Rio lawyer immediately.
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, or at the workplace, you could be due compensation for the damages and repercussions you have suffered. All in all, you could be owed funds for:
- Medical bills, ambulance costs, and treatment expenses
- Lost wages and income, if your injury has kept you away from your job
- Lost earning capacity, if your injury has rendered you permanently unable to work Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Car repairs, rental costs, and property damage
- Lost quality of life, if your injury has significantly affected your day-to-day life
- Punitive damages, if the accident occurred because of gross or reckless negligence by another party
In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is just two years. This means your lawsuit must be filed within two years from the date on which you were injured, or you risk losing your chance to pursue a claim at all. That’s why it’s imperative you contact a Del Rio lawyer to handle your case as soon as possible. If you decide to go it alone and file your claim yourself, any errors you make could result in valuable time lost. An experienced lawyer can ensure your suit is filed correctly, on time, and with the best possible chances of success. They’ll also help you gather evidence, line up expert witnesses for testimony, and ensure you don’t settle for less than your claim is worth.