Where to Find an Oilfield Injury Lawyer
Whether on land or sea, oil rigs are among the most dangerous places on earth to work. Accidents can and will happen, and many workers find themselves in need of an oilfield injury lawyer.
Where do you find the right kind of help? To start, a good oilfield injury lawyer:
- Knows the industry. The best oilfield injury lawyers have spent time getting their hands dirty in an actual oil industry job. They know what kind of management practices (or lack thereof) can lead to accidents and what rules and regulations were or were not followed.
- Knows the rigs. They’ll know how an oil rig works and what kind of malfunctions cause the most injuries, from heavy falling objects to chemical burns.
- Malfunctioning Equipment: Management may be unwilling to pull a piece of equipment off the line for a recall or overdue service, causing a dangerous situation for the workers who must use it.
- Cutting Corners: Managers may encourage shortcuts around established safety procedures in order to speed production.
- Transfer Accidents: Cranes are a big reason workers need an oilfield injury lawyer, as getting on and off an oil rig can be one of the trickiest parts of the job.
- Pipelines: Oil and gas need to be transported, and pipelines are sites with accident categories all their own.
- Knows how maritime law affects oilfield regulations. Sea-borne oil rigs are also subject to the additional complexities of maritime law. A good oilfield injury lawyer will have far more than a passing interest in how it works and which laws apply to what situations, such as the Jones Act and the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.
When you need an oilfield injury lawyer with the knowledge and experience to handle your case, call us.