San Antonio Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrians are the most vulnerable users of San Antonio’s roads. When a pedestrian is struck by a motor vehicle, it almost always results in catastrophic injuries for the pedestrian.
If you of a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian crash that was caused by another person’s careless or negligent behavior, the Law Offices of Pat Maloney is ready to help. Our qualified and experienced lawyers will investigate the evidence of your crash so we can secure the compensation you deserve. Call us today when you need a San Antonio pedestrian accident attorney.
Why choose the Law Offices of Pat Maloney?
When you are suffering from a pedestrian crash injury, you need a firm you can trust both professionally and personally. At the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, we are going to give you the help you need.
- Every client gets personalized help from their attorney. We will never put your case off onto an assistant, paralegal, or junior associate.
- We have more than 65 years of combined legal experience in all areas of personal injury law.
- You never have to worry about out-of-pocket costs and will not pay any legal fees until we successfully secure the compensation you deserve.
How can a San Antonio pedestrian accident attorney help?
Pedestrian cases can become complex, especially when you are dealing with serious injuries. Insurance companies often dispute how much compensation you are owed. A pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain evidence and investigate the facts of your case, including accident reports, eyewitness statements, photos, and video surveillance from the scene, and more.
- Handle all communication with insurance carriers and other parties.
- Negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Be prepared to go to trial if necessary to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Pedestrian accidents can be devastating
Pedestrians are very vulnerable to injuries when they are in and around the roadways. The human body is no match for a vehicle that weighs thousands of pounds. It is not uncommon for our San Antonio pedestrian accident lawyers to help clients suffering from the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, we know that there were 5,767 pedestrian accidents during the latest reporting year in the state.
Many pedestrian accidents happen in areas where the pedestrian should have the right-of-way and not have to worry about a crash. This includes sidewalks, crosswalks, and parking lots. In many cases, the drivers responsible:
- Were distracted by their phones or other devices
- Failed to yield the right-of-way to the pedestrian
- Were impaired by alcohol or drugs
Negligent drivers should be held accountable for their actions when they cause pedestrian injuries. There are also times when a municipality could be held liable. This could be the case if they fail to maintain pedestrian pathways or traffic signs/lights.
Get the compensation you deserve with the assistance of a pedestrian accident lawyer in San Antonio
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a pedestrian crash that was caused by another person, it’s advisable to contact a reputable San Antonio pedestrian accident attorney. The Law Offices of Pat Maloney are ready to get to work investigating your case today. Our goal is to secure the compensation you deserve, which can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the pedestrian crash
- Lost income if you are not able to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible