San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyer
When a person experiences injury due to the negligence of another person, it is important to get in touch with a personal injury attorney to discuss all your options. Injuries can come from any number of circumstances including car accidents, truck accidents, slip and falls, workplace injuries, or assault. When dealing with a personal injury, time is of the essence and it is important to meet with a lawyer who specializes in personal injury litigation as soon as possible. The personal injury lawyers at Law Offices of Pat Maloney are well versed in injury law and would be proud to represent you. Contact our office in San Antonio, TX today for more information.
4 Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Experienced in Personal Injury Law. The first step after being injured is to meet with our personal injury attorney. Just because you were injured does not necessarily entitle you to compensation. Our lawyers will review your case and use our knowledge of Texas personal injury law to help you decide your best course of action. Along with personal injury law, our team also knows insurance law and will be able to help advise on dealing with insurance companies.
- Experience with Past Cases. Because our personal injury lawyers deal with similar cases on a daily basis, we know exactly what you can expect for your injuries. Experience is key with any personal injury case, and our team at The Offices of Pat Maloney has been serving the residents of San Antonio, TX for over 65 years.
- Our Lawyers Will Go to Court. This may seem obvious that a lawyer would go to court for you, but the reason this is so beneficial is that insurance adjusters will need to make a more realistic offer for compensation than if you were to represent yourself.
- Increased Value of Your Case. Hiring a personal injury lawyer will almost always increase the overall value of your case. By showing insurance companies that you are serious about getting justice for your injury, they will give you a more accurate compensation amount.
What is personal injury law?
When someone is injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, they often incur major medical bills and have long-lasting physical and emotional pain. If a victim cannot work while they recover, they will lose the income they need to support themselves and their family. Personal injury lawsuits are a way for the injured person to gain compensation from the person who caused them harm (or that person’s insurance carrier).
For a personal injury claim to be successful, the injured person (the plaintiff) needs to show that the other party (the defendant) was negligent. There are four basic elements to proving negligence:
- The defendant owed a duty to the plaintiff;
- The defendant’s actions breached that duty;
- The plaintiff was injured; and,
- The defendant’s breach of duty caused the injury.
These cases are not always straightforward, and they often involve extensive investigation on the part of the plaintiff’s personal injury lawyer.
Common types of personal injury claims
There are many ways in which personal injury cases arise. However, some of the most common causes of San Antonio personal injury include:
- Car accidents. There were more than 249,241 car accident injuries in Texas during the latest reporting year. Many of them involving careless or negligent drivers.
- Motorcycle accidents. There were 418 motorcyclist fatalities and thousands of injuries during the latest reporting year.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents. Pedestrians and bicyclists in Texas are vulnerable and suffered 621 and 72 fatalities respectively during that same reporting year.
- Premises liability claims. When property owners fail in their duties to keep guests safe, they can be held liable for any injuries. These injuries are often caused by slip and fall incidents, improper maintenance on the premises, and inadequate security.
- Commercial truck accidents. Commercial trucks in Texas can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, according to the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA). Accidents can cause severe injuries and are often caused by a careless or negligent driver or trucking company negligence.
- Defective product injuries. Thousands of faulty products cause harm to consumers each year in the US due to design flaws, manufacturing mistakes, improper labels, or false advertising.
- Dog bites cases. More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the US. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that one in five dog bites required medical attention.
How much does a personal injury lawyer charge?
One of the most important questions a personal injury victim asks is – how much will an attorney cost?
This is important because one of the main reasons a victim needs an attorney is to get help securing the compensation they are owed. Injury victims are often low on financial resources due to their injuries already.
The good news is that, at the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, we offer a free consultation of your case. When we decided to take a client’s case, we do so on a contingency fee basis. This means that the client pays no out-of-pocket costs and will not have to worry about any legal fees until we successfully win their case and secure the compensation they deserve. Typically, clients will pay an agreed-upon percentage of the damages awarded to their attorney at the conclusion of their case.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Hiring a lawyer can help ease the confusion and burden during this difficult time. If you or a loved one has recently been injured in the San Antonio, TX area, please contact our personal injury lawyers today. We can schedule a consultation to discuss your case and go over all the questions that you may have.