Processes of San Antonio Law Firms
Hiring a lawyer can be confusing – especially if it’s your first time. Unfortunately, many San Antonio law firms out there don’t make it any easier. They simply take your case and run with it, failing to explain how it will be handled and what you can expect along the way. It can be frustrating and disheartening to say the least.
To help you get a better picture of how your case will proceed, we’ve pulled together a comprehensive list of the steps and processes you can expect your case to go through – from start to finish. Check it out below.
Processes Your Case Will Go Through
Once you’ve hired an attorney from one of the many San Antonio law firms out there, you can expect your case to go through these processes:
- The initial meeting. You’ll meet with your attorney, go over the details of your case, and discuss expectations.
- Filing. Your claim will be filed with the courts and the other party will be notified. If you’re going to trial, a court date will be set.
- Evidence gathering. Your attorney will begin gathering physical evidence, lining up eyewitnesses and finding experts to testify during trial.
- Negotiation/mediation. If the other party wants to keep the case out of court, they may try to negotiate an out-of-court settlement. Your attorney will field these and ensure they’re an adequate amount and advise you on accepting or rejecting them.
- Trial. Your case will go to court before a judge or jury. Your attorney will present evidence and argue your case until a verdict is given.
Depending on the exact details of your case, these processes may take anywhere from just a few days to months or even years. Your attorney is best equipped to estimate the time your case will take. Want to learn more about the processes your case will go through? Contact the Law Offices of Pat Maloney today.