Searching for a Truck Accident Lawyer? San Antonio Has the Best
Not every truck accident lawyer in San Antonio is the same. If you’ve been involved in a collision with a careless truck driver, it’s crucial that you know the difference between a good and bad lawyer, or you could end up on the short end of a settlement.
The Bad: Anatomy of a Trucking Company’s Lawyer
• They’re quick. As soon as a trucking company learns one of their drivers has been involved in an accident, they hit speed dial to their insurance company. It’s amazing how fast an insurance company’s rapid-response team can get to an accident scene—often before first responders have finished stabilizing the victims. Claims investigators waste no time scouring the accident scene for evidence, and you can be sure they’re not on your side. They’re looking for “evidence” to prove the truck driver was not at fault. In a worst-case scenario, evidence crucial to the victim’s claim might go missing.
• They’re smooth. Before you’ve even been transferred to a hospital room from the ER, lawyers for the trucking company could be pushing a document under your nose for you to sign. In soothing tones, they’ll try to convince you it’s in your best interest to sign, that the case is open and shut, so don’t bother retaining a lawyer of your own. Don’t fall for it.
• They’re sneaky. They know the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations inside and out, and they know how to appear to follow the letter of the law while skirting its intent. Most trucks carry “black boxes” just like airplanes, and if you don’t hire a fast-acting truck accident lawyer in San Antonio, evidence contained on it might be “accidentally” purged.
The Good: Anatomy of Your Trucking Accident Lawyer
• Your lawyer will immediately file a lawsuit to preserve evidence favorable to your case. No evidence will be destroyed on your lawyer’s watch.
• Specializes in the trucking industry and thoroughly knows its practices and the local, state, and federal laws that apply. Keeps updated on the latest regulations and industry news.
• From many years of experience, is aware of the multiple ways a truck driver can push and outright violate regulations designed to prevent accidents. Uses this knowledge and experience to advantage when preparing your case and gathering evidence.
• Has your best interests at the forefront, not the trucking company and its insurance company. Will fight on your behalf until you receive the compensation you’re due.
Don’t be sweet-talked or bullied into accepting a less-than-adequate settlement. Our experienced truck accident lawyer in San Antonio is ready to help.