Serious Injuries from Car Accidents Have Serious Consequences
Car accidents don’t just damage your car. They can hurt you, your family, and anyone else involved as a passenger or driver. From minor bruises, cuts, and burns, to broken bones, severe brain trauma, and even death, you can sustain serious injuries from car accidents.
Some of the most common serious injuries from car accidents include:
- Neck injuries– Whiplash is a common occurrence in wrecks. When you collide with another vehicle, you stop very quickly, throwing your head forward and putting pressure on your neck. This results in whiplash, strained neck muscles, and, in severe cases, nerve damage.
- Brain and head injuries– Because of the sheer force involved in a car accident, brain and head injuries are common. Hitting your head on the steering wheel can cause cuts, bruises, bleeding, and even a concussion. Often, you may not even see any physical damage, but if your head was jostled or thrown around during the wreck, you could have suffered serious brain trauma.
- Burns– Depending on where your car was hit and whether the gas tank has been punctured, you could find yourself engulfed in a dangerous car fire. These types of fires spread very quickly and could cause you serious third degree burns that leave permanent and lifelong scarring.
- Face injuries– During a car accident, drivers and passengers are often thrown forward into the dashboard, steering wheel, or air bags. This can lead to painful cuts, bruising, broken teeth, and even jaw disorders.
- Psychological injuries– Car accidents can be especially frightening. While the accident itself may happen quickly, the psychological effects seen after can last a lifetime, leaving you scared to drive, emotionally distressed, or even suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Did you suffer one of these serious injuries from car accidents? You could have grounds for a legal claim. Contact a San Antonio car accident attorney at the Law Offices of Pat Maloney today to discuss your case.