What Sort of Serious Injuries From Car Accidents Can Be Compensated?
When you’re in a car accident, you want all of your injuries compensated, from the faintest bruise to a minor muscle sprain. But when you suffer serious injuries from car accidents—injuries that come with long-lasting and lifelong consequences—getting recompense is even more important. These injuries can cost thousands of dollars to diagnose and treat, and in the event of a permanent disability, the costs can continue throughout a victim’s lifetime.
Serious injuries can also affect a victim’s ability to work and earn an income, and this can have a dire impact on their ability to live, pay their medical bills and support their families. That’s why the personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, we make getting serious injuries compensated our number one priority. Here are just a few of the serious accident injuries we’ve seen victims compensated for in the past:
- Brain injuries—Traumatic brain injuries are all too common in car accidents, and they can have lifelong consequences for the victim, leading to mental and learning disabilities, loss of motor functions and more.
- Neck injury and whiplash—These might seem like a one-time issue, but whiplash and neck injuries can cause prolonged pain for the victim, sometimes lasting multiple years after the accident.
- Concussions and skull fractures—Head injuries are common in car accidents, and many times, victims don’t even know they have them! They end up dizzy, nauseous and unable to focus, and the effects may linger for months or even years to come.
- Internal bleeding—In accidents where glass breaks or a victim is crushed or thrown around the car, internal bleeding often results. This can cause immense pain, organ damage and even death. It usually requires expensive surgery and emergency care to treat, and it can sometimes lead to lifelong physical problems as well.
- Back and spinal injuries—With these types of injuries, discs are fractured or knocked out of place, nerves are pinched and muscles are torn. Since the back plays a significant role in one’s overall ability to move, walk and physically function, these injuries can have a huge impact on a victim’s life.
If you or someone you love suffered any of these serious injuries from car accidents, don’t sit back and let the insurance companies handle it. Contact a car accident attorney at the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, and we’ll make sure you’re well-compensated for the pain you’ve had to endure.