Spinal Cord Damaged? Call the Spinal Cord Attorneys in San Antonio
Unlike cuts, bruises, or broken bones, a spinal cord injury can be a nightmare for you, as well as a tricky case for a San Antonio personal injury attorney. Not only are such injuries painful, the healing process can be long and frustrating. So long, this can affect your employment—and even whether you’ll ever work again.
Top Causes of Back/Neck Injuries
A San Antonio personal injury attorney sees all kinds of causes for spinal cord injuries, but the most common tend to be:
- Car, truck, and other motor vehicle accidents (by far the highest percentage)
- Stumbles and falls
- Weapons of all kinds, particularly guns
- Leisure-time activities, such as recreational sports, backyard pools, etc.
- Repetitive stress from poor ergonomics at work
- Medical errors
How to Know if You Have a Case
Proof of negligence is necessary to have a chance at winning a personal injury claim. Negligence comes in all forms:
- A careless act during an otherwise routine surgical procedure
- A stair railing that should have been repaired before allowing anyone to use it
- A poorly designed product
- A damaged curb or sidewalk left in disrepair
- A walkway not shoveled or salted in a timely manner after a snow storm
How a Defendant May Fight Back
As any experienced San Antonio personal injury attorney knows, the accused is not simply going to meekly pay your spinal cord injury claim.
- They will say you were equally negligent by failing to read a product’s instructions or heed posted signage. Or that you were drinking at the time the injury occurred.
- It may be pointed out you were engaging in an inherently risky activity, such as riding a motorcycle or leaping off a bridge with bungee cords tied to your feet.
Get the Best on Your Side. Pat Maloney San Antonio Law Offices.