Spinal Cord Damaged? Call Our Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
Unlike cuts, bruises, or broken bones, a spinal cord injury can be a nightmare for you, as well as a tricky case for even the most experienced spinal cord injury attorneys. Not only are such injuries painful, the healing process can also be long and frustrating. So long, this can affect your employment—and even whether you’ll ever work again.
Top Causes of Back/Neck Spinal Column Injuries
Our personal injury attorneys see all kinds of causes for injuries involving the spinal column, neck and back, but the most common tend to be:
- Car accidents, truck accidents, and other motor vehicle accidents (by far the highest percentage)
- Stumbles and falls
- Weapons of all kinds, particularly guns
- Leisure-time activities, such as recreational sports, backyard pools, etc.
- Repetitive stress from poor ergonomics at work
- Medical malpractice and negligence
How to Know if You Have a Personal Injury Case
Proof of negligence and the negligent party is necessary to have a chance at winning a personal injury claim. Negligence comes in all forms:
- A careless act during an otherwise routine surgical procedure
- A stair railing that should have been repaired before allowing anyone to use it
- A poorly designed product
- A damaged curb or sidewalk left in disrepair
- A walkway not shoveled or salted in a timely manner after a snow storm
How a Defendant May Fight Back
As any of our experienced spinal cord injury lawyers know, the accused is not simply going to meekly pay your spinal cord injury claim.
- They will say you were equally negligent by failing to read a product’s instructions or heed posted signage. Or that you were drinking at the time the injury occurred.
- It may be pointed out you were engaging in an inherently risky activity, such as riding a motorcycle or leaping off a bridge with bungee cords tied to your feet.
Get the Best on Your Side. Pat Maloney San Antonio Law Offices.
If you’ve suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s negligence, get one of our San Antonio spinal cord injury attorneys on your side. Call the Law Offices of Pat Maloney at (210) 226-8888 to arrange your free consultation.