The Dangers of Not Hiring a Workplace Injury Attorney
Though it is possible to handle your own workplace injury claim, the truth of the matter is that it’s really not in your best interest. If you want to ensure that you have the best chance at paying your medical bills, recouping your lost income and retaining your job, then hiring a workplace injury attorney is a necessity you can’t afford to skip.
If you decide not to hire an attorney experienced in workplace accidents, you could find yourself making these common (but ultimately costly) mistakes:
- Clerical errors and missed deadlines – Without a professional attorney on your side, you run the risk of filing the wrong paperwork, missing a deadline or forgetting an important form. These could all leave you footing the bill for your own accident.
- Incorrect or absent medical documents – If you’re not well-versed in injury claims, you probably won’t know what medical documents and records are necessary to prove your injury, or how to request them properly. With the help of an experienced workplace accident attorney, you can rest assured that this won’t be an issue.
- Retaliatory termination – Though employers aren’t legally allowed to fire you because of your workplace injury, some employers may try to illegally terminate you anyway. Fortunately, this is a lot less likely to happen when you have a professional attorney representing you.
- Low settlement– If you’re not sure exactly how much money you’re due – from your injuries and medical bills, lost income, and disability payments – you could end up settling for much less than your claim is actually worth. An attorney can help accurately estimate what you’re due and ensure you get the settlement you deserve.
Contact The Law Offices of Pat Maloney
Do you want to prevent these unfortunate occurrences in your injury claim? Then contact a workplace injury attorney at the Law Offices of Pat Maloney today for help. Call us at (210) 226-8888 for a free consultation and case evaluation.
Related Blogs & Information
- 5 Things Not to Talk About After a Workplace Accident
- Construction Accident Attorney Based in San Antonio
- What to Look for in a Workplace Accident Attorney