San Antonio Aviation Accident Attorney
Airplane and helicopter accident lawyer fighting for your rights in Texas
When boarding an airplane or helicopter, most of us are typically focused on getting to our seats and reaching our destination rather than on the potential risks of air travel. However, although rare, aviation accidents have a high likelihood of causing catastrophic outcomes. Damages caused by helicopter or airplane crashes can include loss of life, severe injuries, and property damage – far exceeding those that result from car or truck accidents.
If you or someone you love has been involved in an aviation accident, you are likely facing significant losses and damages. You need an experienced attorney from the Law Offices of Pat Maloney to help you understand your legal rights and fight for the compensation to which you are entitled. Our experienced team can provide you with the guidance and support you need at this stressful and difficult time.
Learn more about your options when you call the Law Offices of Pat Maloney today and speak to our San Antonio aviation accident lawyer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can an aviation accident attorney help?
Your San Antonio aviation accident lawyer can help you with your claim by:
- Conducting an investigation and gathering valuable evidence to determine all liable parties
- Working with experts to analyze the accident, including reviewing data from the flight “black box,” reconstructing the accident, and more
- Providing a free case evaluation to look at your case and offer potential next steps toward securing financial compensation
- Representing you during settlement negotiations and, if necessary, fight for your rights and best interests in court
What are the different types of aviation accidents?
Here at the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, we handle a wide variety of aviation accidents, including:
- Commercial airplane crashes and accidents. These are typically large-scale tragedies involving multiple parties, like commercial airlines, aircraft manufacturers, the National Transportation Safety Board, and independent investigators, as well as a slew of different plaintiffs and defendants. These cases can be challenging to take on and require the assistance of an experienced attorney. We can help you access the resources you need.
- Private plane crashes and accidents. You might hear more about commercial plane crashes in the news, but private planes and charters (those that hold fewer than 30 passengers) have much higher accident rates. Per industry publication SkyTough, “This is largely due to the fact that the commercial airline industry is far more regulated in terms of safety, inspections, maintenance, and more.”
- Helicopter crashes and accidents. Celebrities, athletes, government officials, and executives may opt for a helicopter trip for a quick commute around the San Antonio area. Air ambulances are a way to quickly transport patients to trauma centers or hospitals. Sometimes helicopters transport workers to offshore oil sites. Every trip puts passengers at risk for an accident. Compared to airplanes, helicopters are more vulnerable to bad weather, have more moving parts, and can be more dangerous when a novice is at the controls.
- Helicopter tour crashes and accidents . Helicopter tours allow you to see San Antonio and the Alamo from a one-of-a-kind perspective. However, passengers may not realize the dangers of helicopter travel, or know that operators are often lax with safety measures and maintenance. Inexperienced operators or those unfamiliar with the terrain put passengers at risk day in and day out, which can lead to collisions and fatal accidents.
No matter what type of aviation accident causes you harm, our attorney can help.
What causes aviation accidents?
Aviation accidents can be caused by a wide range of factors, including negligence. Here are some of the common causes of San Antonio aviation accidents:
- Pilot or operator error. This is generally the most common cause of most aviation accidents, including mistakes in judgment, improperly reading instruments, failing to follow procedure, and other pilot errors.
- Mechanical failure. Mechanical failure can include manufacturing defects, design flaws, or inadequate maintenance. Examples of this include engine failure, electrical system failure, or landing gear failure.
- Weather. Conditions like heavy rain, strong winds, or low visibility often make it difficult for even seasoned pilots to operate an aircraft. Operators should be aware of weather conditions before taking passengers out on a flight.
- Air traffic control. Miscommunication by air traffic control can cause catastrophic collisions and accidents.
Some accidents are caused by a combination of factors rather than one single cause, and this requires a thorough investigation involving multiple agencies and experts. Ensure you have a skilled San Antonio lawyer on your side.
What types of injuries happen from aviation accidents?
Plane and helicopter accidents tend to result in severe and life-altering injuries, including:
Who is liable for my San Antonio aviation accident?
Liability for the incident may be assigned to one or more parties based on the cause, such as the aircraft's owner and operator, an airline, the plane or parts manufacturer, and the companies contracted for maintenance. Victims and their loved ones can seek compensation for their losses, including:
- Medical expenses for current and future care
- Lost income and potential future earnings
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium for the victim's spouse
Additionally, punitive damages may be awarded to the responsible parties.
At the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, we exhaust all possible options to ensure our clients receive the compensation they deserve in the aftermath of such catastrophic accidents.
Do you have an aviation accident attorney near me?
The Law Offices of Pat Maloney is located at 239 E Commerce St. in the center of Downtown San Antonio, TX. We are the owner of one of the most beautiful and historic buildings in San Antonio. There’s plenty of parking nearby. If you cannot travel, we can arrange a phone or video conference, or an in-hospital visit.
Experienced aviation lawyer serving San Antonio
If you or a loved one were injured in a plane or helicopter accident, you need skilled and knowledgeable legal representation. Talk to the Law Offices of Pat Maloney for help securing the financial compensation and justice to which you are entitled. We have the expertise and the resources you need – get in touch with us today. Call our San Antonio offices or fill out our contact form for a free consultation and confidential case evaluation.