San Antonio Bicycle Accident Attorney
Experienced legal counsel for bike accidents in Texas
Biking is a popular mode of transportation and exercise, but accidents can happen, and careless drivers are everywhere. Bike accidents can result in serious injuries, from broken bones to head trauma and even death. If you or a loved one has been involved in a bike accident, you know firsthand how devastating the consequences can be.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by another person’s negligence, you may need help from a San Antonio bicycle accident attorney. At the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, we are ready to help you secure compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why choose the Law Offices of Pat Maloney?
- How can a San Antonio bicycle accident attorney help my case?
- What causes bicycle accidents?
- What kinds of injuries happen in Texas bike accidents?
- What is the value of my San Antonio bicycle accident?
- How long do I have to file my San Antonio bike accident claim?
- Do you have a bicycle accident attorney near me?
Why choose the Law Offices of Pat Maloney?
If you are suffering from a bicycle crash injury caused by another person, you need the assistance of a lawyer you can trust. At the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, we bring an experienced team to your side and handle every aspect of your case.
We have been handling personal law matters in the city of San Antonio for 70 years.
You will always have direct access to your attorney and your legal team.
We will never take any money from you upfront or for out-of-pocket costs, and you will not pay a dime until we are successful in securing compensation for your case.
How can a San Antonio bicycle accident attorney help my case?
Bike accidents can become complicated, especially when you are dealing with aggressive insurance companies that do not want to compensate you fairly. At the same time, police reports often list the cyclist at fault for collisions, even if that wasn’t the case. You can count on our legal team to aggressively fight on your behalf.
A San Antonio bicycle accident attorney will:
- Thoroughly investigate the facts of your case. Our law firm will gather and analyze accident reports, photos and videos from the scene, eyewitness statements, and more.
- Handle all communication with other parties involved, including insurance carriers, to work out a fair settlement.
- Prepare your case for trial if you are not offered fair compensation for your injury-related expenses.
What causes bicycle accidents?
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents occur as a result of careless or impaired driving involving a vehicle. Although some bicyclists may crash on their own, the most serious types of bike accidents include a vehicle.
Additional commonalities of bike accidents include, per the CDC:
- “Most bicyclist deaths occur in urban areas.
- About 64% of bicyclist deaths occur on sections of roads away from intersections (where higher speeds might occur) and 27% occur at intersections.
- About one-third of crashes that result in a bicyclist’s death involve alcohol for the motor vehicle driver and/or bicyclist.”
If you feel like you have followed the rules of the road and have suffered serious injury because of a bicycle accident, the Law Offices of Pat Maloney are here to help.
What kinds of injuries happen in Texas bike accidents?
Bicycles are great ways to get exercise and fuel-efficient methods of transportation. However, bicyclists are vulnerable to several common injuries and serious injuries. During the latest reporting year in Texas, the DOT reports that there were 2,265 total bike crashes. Out of those, we know there were:
- 90 fatalities
- 332 serious injuries
- 1,046 non-incapacitating injuries
- 636 possible injuries
Those numbers are staggering, and they show just how often a crash leads to cyclist harm. It is not uncommon for firms like ours to help clients suffering from the following:
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head injuries
- Bone fractures and dislocations
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Significant disfigurement
- Loss of or damage to a bodily organ
In many cases, these crashes happen in areas where the bicyclist has the right-of-way, including bike paths, crosswalks, intersections, and on the right side of the roadway.
What is the value of my San Antonio bicycle accident?
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a bike accident due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, you may be entitled to compensation.
At the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, we are prepared to investigate your case and get to work on securing the following:
- Compensation for your medical bills related to the bike crash
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against any grossly negligent party
How long do I have to file my San Antonio bike accident claim?
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim, including a bicycle accident claim in Texas is two years from the date of the accident. This means that you must file your claim within two years of the accident date to be eligible for compensation.
If you fail to file your claim within the statute of limitations, your case will likely be dismissed, and you will be unable to recover any damages for your injuries. It's crucial to consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your bike accident to ensure that you file your claim within the required time frame and receive the compensation you deserve.
Keep in mind that while two years may seem like a long time, it's essential to begin the claims process as soon as possible to ensure that your attorney has enough time to gather evidence, interview witnesses, and build a strong case on your behalf.
Do you have a bicycle accident attorney near me?
The Law Offices of Pat Maloney is located at 239 E Commerce St. in the center of Downtown San Antonio, TX. We are the owner of one of the most beautiful and historic buildings in San Antonio. There’s plenty of parking nearby. If you cannot travel, we can arrange a phone or video conference, or an in-hospital visit.
Meet with a reliable San Antonio bicycle accident lawyer today
If you or a loved one have been injured in a bicycle accident, don't wait any longer to seek legal help. Contact an experienced lawyer from the Law Offices of Pat Maloney today to schedule a free consultation. Our knowledgeable team has a proven track record of success in helping bicycle accident victims recover the compensation they deserve for their injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a serious accident can take on you and your family. That's why we work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. Complete our contact form or call our offices for a free consultation. Our team will help lead you through this difficult process.