San Antonio Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Over 70 years of legal experience helping injured pedestrians in Texas
Pedestrians are the most vulnerable users of San Antonio’s roads. When a person is struck by a motor vehicle, it almost always results in catastrophic injuries for the pedestrian. If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian crash that was caused by another person’s careless or negligent behavior, you will need an experienced San Antonio pedestrian accident attorney.
The Law Offices of Pat Maloney is ready to help. Our law firm is composed of qualified and experienced legal professionals who will investigate the evidence of your crash so we can secure the compensation you deserve. When you need a San Antonio pedestrian accident lawyer who will fight for you, we are here to answer your call.
Call our San Antonio offices today for a free consultation!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why choose the Law Offices of Pat Maloney?
- How can a San Antonio pedestrian accident attorney help?
- Why do pedestrian accidents happen?
- What types of injuries do pedestrians sustain in accidents?
- What is the value of my San Antonio pedestrian accident?
- How long do I have to file a San Antonio pedestrian accident claim?
- Do you have a pedestrian accident attorney near me?
Why choose the Law Offices of Pat Maloney?
When you are suffering from a pedestrian crash injury, you need a law firm you can trust both professionally and personally. At the Law Offices of Pat Maloney, we are going to give you the help you need:
- Every client gets personalized help from their experienced attorney and a legal team.
- We have 70 years of legal experience in all areas of personal injury law.
- You never have to worry about out-of-pocket costs and will not pay any legal fees until we successfully secure the compensation you deserve.
How can a San Antonio pedestrian accident attorney help?
Pedestrian cases can become complex, especially when you are dealing with serious injuries. Insurance companies often dispute how much compensation you are owed.
A pedestrian injury lawyer will:
- Obtain evidence and investigate the facts of your case, including accident reports, eyewitness statements, photos, and video surveillance from the scene, and more.
- Handle all communication with insurance carriers and other parties.
- Negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Be prepared to go to trial if necessary to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Why do pedestrian accidents happen?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, we know that there were 5,366 pedestrian accidents during the latest reporting year in the state. This includes 824 fatalities.
Many pedestrian accidents happen in areas where the pedestrian should have the right-of-way and not have to worry about a crash, including sidewalks, crosswalks, and parking lots.
In many cases, the drivers responsible:
- Were distracted by their phones or other devices
- Failed to yield the right-of-way to the pedestrian
- Were impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Failed to stop at stop signs or traffic lights
Negligent drivers should be held accountable for their actions when they cause injuries to pedestrian accident victims that result in injuries that require medical attention and medical bills. There are also times when a municipality could be held liable. This could be the case if they fail to maintain pedestrian pathways stop signs or traffic lights.
What types of injuries do pedestrians sustain in accidents?
It is not uncommon for us to help clients suffering from the following:
What is the value of my San Antonio pedestrian accident?
If you or someone you care about has suffered losses due to pedestrian accident injuries that were caused by another person, it’s advisable to contact a reputable San Antonio pedestrian lawyer. The Law Offices of Pat Maloney are ready to get to work investigating your case today.
Our goal is to secure the compensation you deserve, which can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the pedestrian crash
- Lost income if you are not able to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Mental anguish
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible
How long do I have to file a San Antonio pedestrian accident claim?
In Texas, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim, including pedestrian accident claims, is generally two years from the date of the accident. This means that you must file your claim within two years of the date you were injured, or you risk losing your right to pursue compensation for your injuries.
However, it's important to note that there may be exceptions to this two-year deadline, depending on the circumstances of your case. For example, if the injured party is a minor, the statute of limitations may be extended. It's also possible that certain factors could toll, or pause, the statute of limitations, such as if the injured person were incapacitated or if the at-fault driver was a government employee.
If you've been injured in a pedestrian accident, it's important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible to discuss the specific details of your case and ensure that your claim is filed within the appropriate time frame.
Do you have a pedestrian accident attorney near me?
The Law Offices of Pat Maloney is located at 239 E Commerce St. in the center of Downtown San Antonio, TX. We are the owner of one of the most beautiful and historic buildings in San Antonio. There’s plenty of parking nearby. If you cannot travel, we can arrange a phone or video conference, or an in-hospital visit.
Contact a compassionate San Antonio pedestrian accident lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, don't wait to act. Contact the Law Offices of Pat Maloney today to discuss your case and explore your legal options. Our team is dedicated to helping injury victims seek the compensation they deserve for their medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We offer a free consultation to assess the details of your case and provide you with honest and compassionate guidance throughout the legal process.
Don't let time run out on your right to pursue justice – call us today and let us fight for you. If you need an attorney, fill out our contact form or call our offices at your convenience. Our personal injury firm has served San Antonio and Bexar County, Texas for 70 years. Let us help.